- Open the Door Limited is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that you have faith in the integrity of any personal information you provide on our Platform (App). We will rigorously defend your rights as a user of our App to privacy and the security of your personal information.
Collection and use of information, new accounts, Cookies, general site use information, residual information
- Our App is a site for people over the age of 18. Our App offers unique and powerful educational and communication tools through our Products.
- When you create a new account on our App, you may provide basic personal information about yourself, including your name, gender, country, age, username and email address. If you subscribe to our services then you will also provide additional information specific to those products and payment information. You provide this personal information so that we can set up a user account for you on our App. We may use this personal information to contact you and to send you information about us, our services and promotional material
- from our affiliated partners. If you are engaged in one of our programs then you will provide further information that we may share with our team to assist you in achieving the best outcomes for the program.
- We collect general information and statistics about the use of our App, traffic patterns, demand for relevant products, services, facilities, information and site-related data. We use this information to research our users’ interests, demographics and behaviour so that we can understand and serve the Open the Door community better. The information and statistics we collect of this type will not identify you personally.
- The personal information that you submit to Open the Door remains your property, but by making that personal information available to Open the Door, you grant Open the Door the right to use that personal information to bring you certain promotional offers from Open the Door, and its third party partners, where Open the Door believes it may be of interest to you. If you wish to stop receiving future communications from us, please see the Opt-Out/Unsubscribe section below.
- If you wish to correct or delete information we hold about you on our App, please bear in mind that residual information will remain within our databases. We will not use this residual information for commercial purposes. However, we may need to use that information if we are required to by law.
Disclosure of information
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
- We do, however, monitor the information users make public on our App so that we can operate our App for research and social administrative purposes. As such, we reserve the right to sub-contract third parties to provide defined services on our behalf, such as data handling and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, or performing statistical analysis of the use of our services for research and other purposes. We will only give these third parties the minimum information they need to provide the service. We will require them to maintain the confidentiality of the information we give them and prohibit them from using that information for any other purpose.
- Beyond that, we will only disclose your personal information to third parties if you authorise us to do so, or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with the law; or (b) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Open the Door and its employees or agents, users of our App, or members of the public.
- Open the Door Limited is the entity that collects and holds the information provided by users of our App.
- The information you provide on our App will be stored and processed primarily in New Zealand and with our App hosts overseas. In addition, the information you provide may also be stored and/or processed in any country in which Open the Door or any of our subsidiaries, affiliates or agents maintains their facilities.
- We are committed to protecting the personal information you provide on our App. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect you personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. However, you acknowledge the technical reality that we cannot completely guarantee the security of our servers or the means by which information is transmitted between your computer and our servers.
- We store all information you provide on our App on secure computers located in secure facilities. When we transmit personal information over the internet, we protect that information by using encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
- When you join Open the Door, you will be asked to create a password. Your password is the key to your Open the Door account and user profile. We recommend that you use unique combinations of numbers, letters and special characters for passwords.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and for restricting access to your personal information. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do disclose your password, you are responsible for all actions taken by the user of your password on our App. We will never ask you to disclose your password details to us.
- If you suspect your password has been compromised in any way, please notify us on firstname.lastname@example.org, and change your password.
Access to and correction of personal information
- We are committed to ensuring that you are always in control of any personal information we hold about you. As such, we will provide you with simple ways to access, update, amend or correct the information that you provide on our App.
Questions and/or comments
- To opt-out of receiving e-mail from us, you can follow the instructions at the end of the applicable e-mail message or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may continue to contact you for the purpose of communicating information relating to your request for Open the Door offerings, as well as to respond to any inquiry or request made by you unless you specifically opt out from receiving these.
Third party websites
- This Site may contain links to third-party owned and/or operated websites. Open the Door is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. In some cases, you may be able to make a purchase through one of these third-party websites. In these instances, you may be required to provide certain information, such as a credit card number, to register or complete a transaction at such website. These third-party websites have separate privacy and data collection practices and Open the door has no responsibility or liability relating to them.
Interactive Services/Social Media Websites
- If you post a comment, or otherwise provide personal information by and through any interactive services offered on this site and/or any applicable Social Media Website, you should be aware that any personal information that you submit using such forums can be read, collected or used by other users of these forums (depending on your privacy settings, in the case of Social Media Websites), and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or otherwise contact you without your consent or desire. We are not responsible for the personal information that you choose to submit in these forums. If you mistakenly post personal information in our public forums and would like it removed, you can send us an email to privacy@Openthedoor.com to request that we remove it. In some cases, we may not be able to remove such personal information.
- The Social Media Websites operate independently from Open the Door, and we are not responsible for such Social Media Websites’ interfaces or privacy or security practices.
- “Information Practices” means our information collection, use and protection practices;
- “our App” or “our website” or “site” means www.openthedoor.com and any other website or App that we may own or operate now or in the future;
- “we”, “us”, “our” or “Open the Door” means Open the Door Limited, a duly incorporated New Zealand company having its registered office and address for service at MFBL Ltd, 14 Knox Street, Hamilton, New Zealand;
- “you” means each user of our App or website.